All of us here at Artist Daily are excited to meet you and want to welcome you to the site! We want this to be a positive, encouraging, fun meeting place where you feel welcome and safe and can be generous with your talents to help us build a community based on our shared passion for art.
We want this to be a very open community and in order to maintain a positive environment for everyone, there are some simple guidelines on how to be your best self while visiting Artist Daily.
Personal Conduct and Posting Etiquette
1. Debating, discussion, and even passionate disagreement is fine, but we cannot tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Posts of this kind may be edited or deleted.
2. Profanity, racism, or other offensive discussions will not be tolerated. Posts of this kind may be edited or deleted. We have the final say as to what does and does not violate community standards.
3. Be tolerant of “newbie” type questions and help them out. We all were new at this one time or another and we want to encourage more people to get involved with art. There are no stupid questions, so please lead with kindness!
4. Post your messages and images in the appropriate area. Moderators may move your content if they feel it’s better suited to another area.
5. Do not post your message and images in multiple places. Duplicate posts may be deleted.
6. Critiques and comments are welcome in many places on the site, but please refrain from critiquing someone’s work who has not specifically requested that kind of feedback. If you are looking for critique, make sure you ask for it clearly so that other members will know how to help.
Protecting Artist’s Rights – “Don’t upload stuff you don’t own”
1. Discussion of any artwork – whether yours or someone else’s – is encouraged!
2. Feel free to upload images of your artwork or link to images of your artwork on other sites both in the forums and in the galleries.
3. Feel free to link off to someone else’s artwork on another web site as long as the image on the other site is there legally and with the permission of the artist.
4. If we discover that an image has been uploaded without the permission of the artist, we will need to remove it.
Advertising and Solicitation – “Advertise where you’re supposed to”
1. Members may promote their events, artworks for sale, and the like but please keep in mind that these posts can be removed if inappropriate.
2. Promoters, retailers, manufacturers, etc. may not advertisements in the blogs, forums, galleries, or public groups. Posts of this kind will be deleted.
3. You may include your group, association, or company name and a link to your website in your user page.
4. Use of the private messaging system for advertising of any kind is prohibited.
5. We encourage companies to contact us about advertising opportunities.
1. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) which applies to children under the age of 13.
2. Our sites are not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not solicit nor desire to collect any personally identifiable information from such individuals. If we become aware that a person under the age of 13 is attempting or has submitted information via this site, we will notify the person and remove any personally identifiable information.
1. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Multiple accounts undermine trust that there are real, honest people behind each account. Moderators may remove accounts that are found to be duplicates.
2. The decision to edit, move, or delete a post, or to ban a user, is at our sole discretion without prior notification or explanation to the member.
3. Members who willfully or repeatedly violate the forum rules may be banned from the site. This is something we only want to do as a last resort.
4. While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not abused and stay a positive, fun, and safe place for everyone.
5. If you see someone abusing the site, please click the Report Abuse link located in the bottom-right of any post. This sends a message to a private forum for our moderators to review. The moderators may not be able to respond to you personally and you may not see immediate action, but please know that your message has been received and taken into consideration.
6. In an effort to extend your reach and make more artists aware of what you’re doing, we may share some of the contributions you’ve made to the community. By posting content (including but not limited to images) on Artist Daily, you agree that F+W Media and its community members may share it on social media sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, or other social media outlets that may come into existence.