EXHIBITION: Poetry in Design: The Art of Harry Leith-Ross

30 Jan 2007

0701rossexhib1_600x478The James A. Michener Museum, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, will present this retrospective of work by Pennsylvania Impressionist Harry Leith-Ross through March 4.

Poetry in Design: The Art of Harry Leith-Ross
Through March 4
James A. Michener Art Museum
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
(215) 340-9800
An illustrated catalogue is available

The James A. Michener Museum, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, will present this retrospective of work by Pennsylvania Impressionist Harry Leith-Ross through March 4. The exhibition will feature more than 50 works by the artist, and presents a full range of Leith-Ross’ oil paintings and watercolors, as well as a selection of his Conté crayon drawings.

0701rossexhib1_600x478_1 0701rossexhib2_600x555 0701rossexhib3_448x600
Snowy Morning in Jericho
ca. 1930s, oil, 24 x 30. Collection Thomas and Karen Buckley.
Tenant's House and Tracks
n.d, oil, 24 x 26 inches, Private collection.
Urban Project (Reconstruction, Amsterdam)
n.d., oil on canvas mounted on Masonite, 32 x 42. Collection Woodmere Art Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Filed under: ,

Comments

jean mcwilliams wrote
on 6 Apr 2008 10:50 PM
I have come across an oil painting signed Leith-Ross, field picture, with white house & barn, white horse, young person crossing bridge with adog????? Any help identifying would pbe appreciated.
sharron c. wrote
on 28 May 2008 3:46 PM
I have a litho print signed by Leith-Ross,very old looking,country scene,large 2story home,woman and little girl ,playing w/a black puppy, far right of home near back is a blk/haired man . its a large print,was wondering if it was trash can material.
sherry g wrote
on 3 Jul 2008 12:50 PM
I have what I think is an old print of a watercolor/oil painting by Leith-Ross of the white house with white horse and a lady with a dog crossing a bridge. I also would like any information available on this. I purchased the Poetry in Design - The Art of Harry-Leith Ross and this print is not shown in the book.
Peggy Grace wrote
on 29 Sep 2008 9:45 AM
I have a watercolor by Leith-Ross of a wh house & a lady crossing a bridge w/ a wh dog. What's it value?
Alison Macqueen wrote
on 12 Oct 2008 1:48 PM
I am the daughter of Doreen Leith-Ross who was of Arnage Castle in Aberdeenshire. Can anyone tell me if the castle Harry had access too was that castle. The family portraits are currently held at Leith Hall by the National trust. Could Harry be a relative? What fun.
Allister wrote
on 4 Dec 2008 6:57 PM
Alison, your hunch is right. My grandmother is Harry's niece. Her father Frederick and his brother Harry spent the school holidays at Arnage. There, they grew up with their grandpa, as their father was a banker posted to the Seychelles.
on 7 Dec 2013 8:16 AM

Interested in following any Harry Leith-Ross paintings. Alison Macqueen's comments very true, descended from William of Arnage, quite a few of the family still around, including myself and Harry's brother's family! Harry's paintings are lovely. Like his snow scenes especially!