In continuation of our Plein Air: Showcase Your State contest, we are now accepting entries for the state of North Carolina. Full contest rules are below, and the deadline for entries is June 30. Finalists for Showcase Your State: North Carolina will be announced in July.
* Note: If you sent an entry for North Carolina to email@example.com in the last several months, there is no need to resend. All entries already received will be considered for Showcase Your State: North Carolina.
American Artist's Plein Air: Showcase Your State contest allows plein air painters from across the country to showcase their state and tell us a little bit about the landscape they call home.
We will highlight one state every other month, which will be announced at least a month prior to the judging period. The top paintings will then be featured in a Plein Air Blog article, along with brief descriptions of what the locations/landscapes mean to the artists. See Showcase Your State: New Jersey finalists here and Showcase Your State: Massachusetts finalists here.
We are now accepting submissions for North Carolina, so if you are a plein air painter from this state, submit your painting to firstname.lastname@example.org now for consideration!
SHOWCASE YOUR STATE CONTEST RULES:
• You may submit no more than two entries per state for consideration.
• All work submitted must be done en plein air. If it is a finished studio work, it must be done from plein air sketches or studies. (Please provide documentation of the actual on-site work.)
• Submissions may come from residents of the state for which they are applying or may come from frequent visitors to the state who are familiar with the resident landscape.
• Please include the following information with your submission: title, year, medium, and dimensions of the painting; your full name and hometown; a brief (no more than 200-word) description of the location of each painting and what that location means to you/how you approached it. Pieces must have been painted within the last three years.
• We will accept e-mail submissions only, with the painting attached as a lo-res JPEG or TIFF (72 dpi). Please title your digital file with the state you’ve painted and your last name, i.e.: New Jersey_Smith.jpg.
• E-mail your entry to email@example.com Please include the state for which you’re applying in the subject line of your e-mail, i.e.: Showcase Your State: New Jersey.