VIDEO: Richard McKinley's Pastel Landscapes

7 Apr 2008

0801mcki_600x440Watch January 2007 American Artist feature artist Richard McKinley develop a watercolor underpainting into a completed pastel painting (6:42).

Comments

Dr.H.Goldenberg wrote
on 19 Nov 2007 8:43 AM
Great. When it didnt stall
Dave Gardner wrote
on 22 Nov 2007 12:50 PM
Nicely done article/video. The use of a narrator with a well organized script imparts much information quickly. Richard's work is a very interesting blend of mediums. He obviously has great command of both watercolor and pastel.
Adelle Platt wrote
on 23 Nov 2007 8:11 PM
Dave: Is there something I am doing wrong. I cannot get the video to continue. I am getting about 1/3 of it, then it stops and wants to go back to the beginning.
BCWalker wrote
on 31 Dec 2007 9:46 PM
A very nice 3D look for a pastel painting. Richard knows his mediums well and uses them to enhance each other. He has developed a very effective technique.
Frances Soboeiro wrote
on 1 Jan 2008 6:00 AM
Love all your helpful videos. I am anxious to look at Mr. Mckinley's other works on his website
J De Young wrote
on 7 Jan 2008 9:43 AM
Thank you for your insight and sharing your techniques.
jack wrote
on 19 Mar 2008 5:40 AM
what an annoying commentry if only you could have heard what the artist was saying insted of some guy with a mono tone commentry voice
jack wrote
on 19 Mar 2008 5:41 AM
great artist
oji salamat wrote
on 5 Apr 2008 2:30 AM
very impressive! this video has helped me with my own paintings. the video was wellpresented. congratulations!
Al Laoang wrote
on 14 Apr 2008 10:07 AM
I thought the idea of a watercolor was pure genius. The watercolor under painting adds depth as is does in oil painting not to mention the other mediums. This is the first time I had seen your work and not doubt you’re one of the very best there is. I have started to do plein-air painting three years ago and it has become a major part of my life. I have retired and art fills most my my day every day. Cheers to the the master, Richard McKinley. Al Laoang
Al Laoang wrote